1. I wish to publish a book.
Mainly photographs. About some unsung heroes in our lives.
They are not scientists who make great discoveries. They are not leaders of nations who tell people what to do. They are absolutely normal people, like you, like me; like a mother of four who raised her children well; like a grandfather who sacrificed his pension for kids' education fee; like a poor African child who managed to graduate from a local university.
Mainly because they accomplish the impossible in their lives. Even though the impossible, from many point of view, is not extraordinary. But to me, they are successful, in every way.
2. I wish to go for a very spontaneous trip.
Not knowing where am I going, not planning itinerary.
I think it would be fun to just go somewhere. No plans. No destination. It's like living life. You never know what will happen, where you will end up at. So why care so much about it? Experience every single moment. Make fun out of everything. Enjoy the process.
Because it really doesn't matter how many continents you have been to. Because travelling is never about 'conquering' the well-known destinations, or hitting some sort of target.
Just like life. It is not about achieving what people usually think you should achieve.
Go Paris - visit Eiffel Tower. Go New York - visit Statue of Liberty. Isn't that boring?
I remember most about the night when I stood at the balcony of the Empire State Building.
Not because of the silly, self-fulling thought of 'you see, I've been to New York'.
It's simply because I enjoy every single bit of it. The night view, the sky without stars and the cold wind.
To dream anything you want to dream. That is the beauty of human mind.
To do anything you want to do. That is the strength of human will.
To trust yourself and to test your limit. That is the courage to succeed.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment