Tuesday, February 17, 2009

10 Recent Addictions

Recently I have developed some 'weird' addictions. Don't ask me why and how I caught up with them - because I have absolutely no idea..-.-

1. I enjoy staying up alone at night, sometimes even until 6am in the morning. Do nothing but to listen to different songs and to indulge in my own thoughts. Weird but I find songs nicer to hear when it is quiet at night.

2. I love to shop after lectures and during weird times like 5pm when the shops are about to close (those are times with least customers). After a long, stressful day, nothing beats a good evening retail therapy. :)

3. I youtube A LOT. It's like the hottest link in my browser now. I watch random series from U.S, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan or even China (yes China..I have just finished Justice Pao recently keke). But most of all, I love the Taiwanese entertainment and variety shows. I used to perceive them as 'shallow'. But I was SO WRONG - the hosts are simply hilarious.

4. I constantly check my email, almost every half an hour. It's like one weird habit I cannot help but to do it again and again. Am I nuts? Pretty much.

5. It is a must for me to check out the kitchen section whenever I walk into a departmental store. I even collect catalogues from Lakeland (retain chains selling household items). I guess pots and pans really help when it comes to fantasies for a warm, cozy home.

6. I read fashion magazines before sleep. But the thing is I always fall asleep even before I finish one damn article. Don't ask me why.

7. I love clementines/mandarin oranges. And now it seems like I am having a permanent sorethroat.

8. I read scripts of series online. Yes, no motion pictures, no sound effects, just the scripts. I find it the easiest way to learn English, especially in terms of daily conversations. This is the best excuse I can come out with so far.

9. I shop online nowadays. Albums, books or fashion items - just a few clicks and it will be right in your pigeon hole after a week. I am now very close to buying my groceries online.

10. Finally I drink Kopi O at night. Hmm..maybe that explains the staying up late bit. And it has to be that very specific brand - NanYang Kopi O from white coffee beans. YUM.

I couldn't help but to wonder: is England this bad that I have to come up with these obsessions just to ease out the boredom??!

4 comments:

povege said...

I've got 1, 3 and 4 in my list. Welcome to the world of boredom :p

pigcarsoul said...

is business study much more easier than law? ur life seems so easy compare to the past?

Unknown said...

gosh... i think both of u r really BORED. holiday meh?

anyway, which site to go for the scripts ar?

qian said...

Yes management is easier to handle than law. We need only brain, not tonnes of books and journals :p

Yihui - you can get scripts online - simply google. Just that you need to specify one series.

I love One Tree Hill because of the quotes. And Gossip Girl.

It's nicer if you watch the series first :)