Monday, November 10, 2008

Updates on 10/11/2008

Did I tell you that I want this blog to be more like a journal rather than a personal diary?

As Yihui kept praising me about how fit I am to be a journalist, so despite being a thick-faced person, I want to take this as my little tryout. My ultimate aim - hopefully - is to publish a photographic journal. :p

But I still want to keep my friends up-to-date. So I will have short columns like this - specially dedicated to all of you - about my recent 'boring' life.

-Updates on 10/11/2008-

I sang karaoke till 4 in the morning last Saturday. Tell you this - it is a real fun seeing your friends get drunk while you are completely sane - of course cancelling out the part when you have to yell at them so that they can stay on the pavement instead of walking right in the middle of road.

Yes we all looked drunk. lalala.

Part I:

Scene 1:
* Adrian (2nd from the right) took up Sin Yew's (1st from the right) challenge to down a jar of beer while I was sitting as a gaping audience next to these two crazy fellas.

Scene 2:
Sin Yew then told us to wave goodbye to Adrian, which I think was a very wise thing to do at that time. Because we all knew - that's it for Adrian tonight. He is not going to remember anything beyond this point.

Scene 3:
Adrian was still talking to us in his Malaysian accent. No - he is not drunk - not yet. We shall wait a little while more. One minute...two minutes....

Scene 4:
5-10 minutes later, I overheard someone speaking in a British accent across the room.
Ah ha! It's Adrian. Certified - he is now drunk.

They once told me before - Adrian will start off with his British slang when he is drunk. At first, I didn't believe it at all. But now I believe, wholly with my heart.

Lol.
I never know that slang can be one of the many indicators of drunkenness.



Part II:
Scene 1:
Sin Yew insisted on cooking fried rice for us.
Well that's a nice thing to do.
BUT NOT AT 4AM IN THE MORNING.
Apparently, when Sin Yew is drunk, instead of having another country's accent, he often chooses to be a cleaner.

Well not this time. Because he chose to be a cook tonight/morning.

Imagine: At 4am in the morning, all of us were forced to sit down at the dining table, waiting for fried rice to be served. -.-

Scene 2:
Sin Yew was trying to get something from the fridge.
Opened the fridge - looked up and down - everything was pretty fine - until he pulled out one of the racks in the fridge, thinking that it was a drawer.

Scene 3:
Great! Yoghurt spilled on the floor.
Mourn for our first casualty: Bio-yoghurt (tropical fruits flavour).

Scene 4:
Serena and I were cleaning up the mess on the floor.
Captions in our heads: what are we doing?? wiping yoghurt at 4am?
Conclusion: SinYew is clearly drunk.

Scene 4:
We had our fried rice and went to bed.
I heard noises from the kitchen.
It's Sin Yew...
Haha you know what happened next - yes he was washing the plates and woks.

Lol.
Great weekend! Great fun! Great laugh!

If I tell you this is Ah-Niu's effect rather than ecstasy - will you believe?

p.s. this turned out to be a very 'short' post. with apologies, qian :)

1 comment:

Quin 君 said...

i see unlimited amount of joy and madness in those lines. XD

thanks for staying on the right course honey.

you're my gang!
i can't drink. at all.
did i tell u that the last time i had Carlsberg,barely half a can...i got drunk and hungover. >.<

teh tarik satu bos! sounds more like it. LOL~