Monday, December 1, 2008

Updates on 1/12/2008

It's strange how fashion cravings can seize you out of the blue.
Agree or disagree?

I used to strongly disagree about this statement.
But I am on the other side now.
Thanks to the VERY well-known heroes (as opposed to the unsung ones) - Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Prada, Celine, Dior - who have transformed me into a hopeless, temporal, materialistic bitch.

Haha. Just joking.

I am not wholly fascinated by the idea of walking down the streets of London in a pair of McGraw-style, gold Burberry flares, a smart belted jacket from Givenchy and Jimmy Choo's elegant black heels.
'Heading to where miss? Having a long day ahead?'
'Oh nothing much actually, just trying to look out what's hot on the 2009 spring runway.'

Unless my dad owns the oil in Iraq, or he appears to be Mr. Gates, then yea I might say that.

Don't worry.
I still retain my persistence to go into values and depth.
Indulging merely on the glamourous surface will never satisfy me. :p

I am simply attracted by the industry - the day-in-season-out, fast-paced, happening, undescribably beautiful and exciting fashion business - if you can see what I mean.

If I want to learn branding and retailing, fashion will be my utmost challenge. Unlike food and beverage, or supermarket chains, fashion is not necessity (though it is now for many).
To spend thousands on a dress is indeed very close to insanity. But well, let's call it luxury.
So how to lure the consumers under such given conditions is a skill I must learn.

What makes it even more difficult is the competitive and constantly changing environment. Seasons after seasons, trends after trends, it is an ongoing, everlasting, dazzling war of beauty.
For a fashion brand to survive, it requires more than just quality.

Therefore, allow me to make a bold claim: if I can brand a fashion brand, I can brand everything.

Then what's the updates?
Isn't it obvious?

- I am looking into fashion business and LVMH is my dream company.


Isn't this classic? Too expensive though -230 pounds for this black Dior ultimate wallet. I am afraid this is the best picture I can get online. For further 'admirations', go to www.dior.com.

Quote to share from Coco Chanel:
'Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.'

Contrasting it with quote from Yves Saint Laurent:
'Fashion fades; style is eternal.'

What do you think? :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

it reminds me of our visit to the fortune teller few years ago. XD

povege said...

At anytime, I would prefer the cash than the goods, thank you :p

qian said...

What did the fortune teller told us??

Unknown said...

he told tt u'll be going into women business in the future. remember?
then we teased tt u're going to sell bras. XD