There were lots of things that I didn't understand when I was young.
But now as I grow, I start to get an idea of what's happening.
I used to wonder why my maid dried the wooden chopping board under the sun.
Until today Alison told me that our wooden chopping board is molding.
Then I know why.
I used to wonder why mum bought toothbrushes in bulk. Toothbrush is meant to last for long.
Until I come overseas, and I get to buy my own toothbrushes.
Then I know why.
I used to wonder why my maid kept scolding us for changing our clothes so frequently.
Until I wash my own clothes and taste the trouble of ironing it.
Then I know why.
I used to wonder why my mum was so frustrated when we didn't go down immediately for dinner.
Until I prepare my own dinner and experience nagging people to finish my heartfully-prepared food.
Then I know why.
As teenagers, we tend to think that we know better than adults.
No, we don't and we never will. Most of the times.
Now I finally get the meaning of the chinese idiom frequently used by adults 'young girl, we eat salt more than you eating rice' (even though there can be better description than salt and rice).
Or sayings like 'giving you advice is like putting money in your pocket - you will use it one day.'
Next time if you come across them telling their grandfather stories again.
It's OK if you don't understand.
Just listen.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
true true... very true haha :)
Post a Comment